Paddle Board Storage Rack Types: A Must-Read for SUP Enthusiasts
Stand up paddleboarding is not just a thrilling water sport but also a lifestyle for many. An essential part of this lifestyle is finding the right paddle board storage rack for your board. The right rack can make a huge difference in ensuring the longevity and performance of your stand up paddle board (SUP).
Why Choosing the Right SUP Rack Matters
Choosing the right stand up paddle board rack is vital for several reasons. Improper storage can lead to premature wear and damage to your SUP, reducing its lifespan and performance. On the contrary, the right storage solution can help you maintain your SUP in perfect condition while keeping your storage area organized and space-efficient.
An Overview of Stand Up Paddle Board Rack Types
When it comes to storing your SUP, there are several paddle board rack types to consider:
Wall Mounted Racks
These racks are fixed onto walls, providing sturdy support for your SUP. They are great space savers, especially for tight spaces, but require a suitable wall for installation.
- Advantages: Space-efficient, sturdy, suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- Disadvantages: Installation can be challenging, not portable
Ceiling Mounted Racks
Ceiling mounted racks hang from the ceiling and are perfect for utilizing unused overhead space. They are ideal for storage spaces with limited floor or wall area.
- Advantages: Excellent use of overhead space, secure storage
- Disadvantages: Accessing SUPs can be difficult, installation requires sturdy ceiling
Freestanding racks are self-supporting and can be placed anywhere. They can hold multiple SUPs, making them perfect for households with more than one paddle board.
- Advantages: Portable, easy to install, can store multiple SUPs
- Disadvantages: Require more floor space, may not be as sturdy as wall or ceiling mounted racks
These racks are ideal for SUP enthusiasts on the go. They are lightweight, easy to assemble and disassemble, and suitable for travel or temporary storage.
- Advantages: Highly portable, easy to set up and take down
- Disadvantages: Not as sturdy as permanent racks, not ideal for long-term storage
Factors to Consider When Choosing an SUP Rack
When choosing a paddle board storage rack, consider the following factors:
- Space availability
- Number of SUPs to be stored
- Installation requirements
Popular Stand Up Paddle Board Rack Types
Wall Mounted Rack: Buck Woodcraft Mounted Wall Rack
- Fabricated using 3/4″ thick King Starboard & stainless steel fasteners, these paddleboard storage racks are sturdy and impervious to weather.
- Both models include storage for each board’s paddle.
- Both models include bungee tie-downs for added security.
- Rack measurements are:
1 SUP Rack – 4″W Base x 15.50″H x 22-1/8″ From Wall
2 SUP Rack – 4″W Base x 23.25″H x 22-13/16″ From Wall
Rack bases are pre-drilled at the corners for fasteners of your choice. Additional mounting holes can easily be drilled for added support.
- Storage slots taper from 5-3/8″ wide at the outermost edge to 4-1/2.”
Touring and Racing Paddle Board Rack: Buck Woodcraft
- Fabricated using 3/4″ thick King Starboard & stainless steel fasteners, our touring SUP paddleboard storage racks are sturdy and impervious to weather.
- Built-in storage for paddles.
- Bungee tie-downs included for added security.
- Rack measurements are:
1 SUP Rack – 4″W Base x 18″L x 20+”H
2 SUP Rack – 4″W Base x 30″L x 20″H
- Storage slots taper from 8-1/2″ wide at the top to 7-1/2″ at the bottom.
- Rack bases are pre-drilled at the corners for fasteners of your choice.
Stand Up Paddle Board Racks for Docks: Buck Woodcraft Dock Rack
- Stand-alone racks for 1, 2 or 3 paddle boards up to 4.5″ thick.
- Easy installation on docks or other level surfaces with fasteners, or…
- NEW — With our optional support arms, free-standing installation on docks, garage floors, lawns or similar level surfaces with no fasteners needed.
- Weatherproof, no-maintenance marine-grade King Starboard construction.
- Bungee tie-downs included for your SUPs and paddles.
- Rack cutouts accept cable locks & chains for theft deterrence.
- Free shipping In The Contiguous States (For shipping rates to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands or Guam, contact us.)
- Designed and built in Marathon, Florida Keys.
- Usually ships within 1 business day.
Roof Racks: ETrailor
- Folding, J-style carrier lets you transport various watercraft on your roof rack
- Adjustable cradles with padded arms and base stabilize your boat during transport
- Transport 1 kayak utilizing the J-style cradle with the arm in the upright position
- Haul 2 kayaks utilizing both cradles with the arm in the upright position
- Carry 1 fishing kayak by placing the foam blocks between the cradles and folding the arm down
- Haul 1 or 2 SUPs by placing the foam blocks between the cradles and folding the arm down
- Transport 1 canoe with the arm folded down and the cradles spread across your crossbars
- Tie-down straps and bow/stern tie-downs secure your watercraft to your roof rack and to your vehicle
- Anchor kit (sold separately) creates temporary mounting points for bow/stern tie-downs
- Quick and easy clamp on installation on most crossbars – no tools required
- Powder coated steel is rust resistant
Maintenance Tips for SUP Racks
Maintaining your SUP rack in good condition is essential for the longevity of both your rack and your paddle board. Here are some stand up paddle board maintenance tips.
Choosing the right stand up paddle board rack can make a huge difference in your SUP experience. With the above knowledge, we hope you can make an informed decision and find the perfect rack for your needs.